Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Why my marriage rocks!

So I discovered the wonderfulness of Ball Freezer Jars... I have used them to freeze leftover chicken broth (or homemade) and I was able to make extra portion of homemade cream of mushroom soup which I found the recipe on pinterest. So now I don't have to use the canned stuff which makes me feel better about feeding it to my family; not only that but it was cheaper to make then buying the canned soup! I also made some homemade biscuits, cut them with a biscuit cutter, froze them on a cookie sheet and then put them in these feezer jars for Saturday morning breakfast.




So I have seen quite a few blog posts about happy marriages and I must say mine is great so I thought I would share some tips on why or how my marriage is great!

  1.  We show each other respect. In our 5 years of marriage we have never called each other names or put each other down during an argument.
  2. We leave each other love notes randomly. I love waking up to a note on the fridge saying, "Have a great day," or on the mirror after he takes a shower saying he loves me.
  3. We appreciate each other and say so. My husband tells me he appreciates how I take care of the house and the kids. I tell him I am grateful that he goes to work everyday to take care of his family and he is a great daddy.
  4. We trust each other. We have always been honest with each other and don't have a problem logging into each other's emails and phone messages.
  5. We show affection to each other with hugs and pecks in front of our family and in public.
  6. We compromise. There is no one in charge of our relationship, we talk over things and then decide how it is going to go. He usually leaves it up to me but if we can not decide I go with his decision since this is how God wants it.
  7. Even when we are upset with each other we still say, "I love you.
So what makes your marriage great? Maybe I should make a post on what we need to work on...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com