Friday, March 16, 2012

Makeover your pantry: breakfast

So we are on the breakfast part of our series of eliminating as much processed foods as you can.
First off how to make homemade freezable breakfast sandwiches without all the icky stuff and cheaper at that.

Here is a link to how it is done:

http://www.macheesmo.com/2010/03/breakfast-sandwiches/

I made them but I did not like doing the eggs that way so next time I am going to mix them and then put them in the pan. I also make homemade biscuits and here is the link to the easy ones I make by paula deen. They are yummy! Tip: If you don't have a biscuit cutter you can use a clean tuna can as one but with the size of the eggs for this recipe I recommend doing it by hand or with a biscuit cutter.

Breakfast Sandwiches-Target prices:English Muffins 6 pck- 2.50 x2
Dozen Large Eggs-1.59
8 oz. Shredded Cheese- 2.69

Total price for 12 sandwiches: 9.28   Per sandwich: 77 cents

NOTE: For a Jimmy Dean 4 pack of Egg, Sausage and Cheese Muffins it cost 4.76 at HEB in TX! Yikes!

Breakfast Tacos-HEB prices
Pork Sausage-2.77
Flour Tortillas,12 ct- 1.78 (Store brand)
Dozen Large Eggs- 1.27

Total price for 12 tacos: 5.82   Per taco: .49
Pancakes:

Not everyone has time to make homemade pancakes... it is just a lot easier to grab a premade box (especially the ones that call for just water) but I found a solution to speed up the process. I found a blog with premade mixes (you can also make extra and freeze them putting wax paper in between them).http://fakeitfrugal.blogspot.com/2011/05/fake-it-yourself-bisquick.html






Blueberry Muffins:
(wrap them in aluminum foil and freeze, heat them up when you are ready to eat them).


And here is some special ones:
creme brulee french toast




Next post, I am going to give you some average snack recipes and soon my pantry and cupboards reogranized (that is what I have been working on today).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com